Well Pet Exams
In order to stay healthy and function properly today it is recommended that . . .
- Your car receive an oil change, have its fluid levels checked, check and change fuel and air filters, check lights, and have tires rotated every 3000 miles or 3 months. This is an average cost of $30.00-$40.00
- You receive a complete dental exam, x-rays, and cleaning including polishing and fluoride for $80.00-$150.00.
- You receive a complete physical exam which may also include a pap smear, prostate exam, or mammogram every year for $30.00-$35.00 copay with insurance
It is just as vitally important that your pet receive this same time of routine maintance and care. Pets age an average of 7 years for each year that you own them.
TWICE A YEAR EXAMS are RECOMMENDED to keep your pet healthy and to catch and correct problems early! That is 1 exam for every 3.5 years that your pet ages! For less then the price of an oil change or copay on a doctor's visit your pet will have his or her . . .
- Eyes checked for discharge, growths, cataracts, lenticular sclerosis, iris atrophy, pupil response to light. The vessels in the back of the eye will be check for signs of hypertension, and the retina checked for any health problems
- Ears check for infection, mites, foreign bodies
- Teeth checked for fractures, looseness, periodontal disease, gum loss, tartar, pain, and infection
- Mouth, tongue and throat checked for sores, inflammation, foreign bodies, swelling, growths
- Nose checked for discharge, infection, color loss, selling, growths
- Lymph nodes checked for enlargement
- Heart and pulse check for rate, rhythm, murmurs
- Trachea checked for swelling, coughing
- Lungs checked for air movement, crackles, wheezes, fluid build up
- Abdomen checked for fluid and growths. Kidneys, liver, and intestine palpated for changes in size, shape and thickness. Colon palpated for thickness, growths, stool
- Prostate palpated in older males for enlargement or signs of cancer and Mammary glands palpated in older females for growths and tumors
- Joints manipulated and palpated to check for range of motion, arthritis, inflammation, broken pieces of cartilage
- Skin check for flakes, oily build up, inflammation, crusts, scales, growths, signs of allergies, parasites, mites or mange
You pet is examined from head to toe in order to catch early signs of problems before they become serious and more difficult to treat!